LUCKY LIGHT | DWB Elite Sire DVE 366 | Born 1985 | 171 cm | Bay
Jumping Index 184
Approved for Danish Warmblood, Swedish Warmblood, Oldenburg, Holsteiner
Stallion Selection Trials:
A strong stallion with an extremely good temperament and an extremely good character. The stallion works willing with a good rhythm in all paces. The stallion shows extremely good and secure jumping with a great capacity both on course and cross country.
Stallion Performance 100 Day Test:
A strong and big stallion of very good type with an extremely good temperament and an extremely good character. The stallion works willingly and with good rythmic in all movements. The stallion shows extremely good and sure-footed jumping with great capacity on the court as well as in the terrain. General competition abilities are extremely good.
Progeny description based on 31 foals 1991:
In average foals are big and well-bred of very good type. Foals have pretty heads and well-shaped necks. Overline is good and also with well-shaped crops. Bones are normal and correctly placed, dry. Movements are good, especially in canter. The stallion can be bred to a large selection of mares.
● A-rated Jumping Stallion WBFSH in 1992
● Gold Medal Best Showjumper Riding Federation Denmark 1993
● Silver Medal Danish National Championship Showjumping 1993
● Gold Medal International Showjumping Derby Tjele DK 1993
● Winner Grand Prix Showjumping Odense DK 1994
● Winner Grand Prix Showjumping Ikast DK 1994
● Gold Medal for Progeny Results 1995
● World Champion Showjumping for Breeding Sires WBFSH Zangersheide 1995 with the title “Sire of the World”
● Danish Warmblood Gold Medal for highest achievement 1996.
● Danish Warmblood Stallion of the Year 1998.
During his showjumping career Lucky Light won numerous international Grand Prix wins and placements as well as performing at Intermediare Dressage.
In 1995 he was awarded Elite Stallion status based on his performance as well as that of his offspring where of at least 30 foals have been exhibited and graded at the Danish Warmblood Foal Shows. Minimum 50% of these offspring have been nominated premium mares and stallions and many of these went to the finals at the Herning Horse Show for stallion licensing and Young Horse Championships. Many of his offsprings are rated A in showjumping and dressage.
In 1996 Lucky Light was awarded the Gold Medal by Dansk Varmblod, which is the highest honor.
● Limbo, Gold Medal Danish Young Horse Championship in 1996 with a score of 10 out of 10 for rideability and character. Limbo was a member of two Olympic Dressage Teams: Australian Sydney 2000 and Greece Athens 2004, ridden by Mary Hannah AUS and trained by Kyra Kyrklund FIN. They also won Silver at the Australian National Championships the same year. Limbo competed many times at Nation Cups and World Cups with success.
● Lucky Punch won the Bronze Medal at the Young Horse Championships Danish Warmblood in 1996 and was the most successful showjumper in Denmark in 1997. Placed at international Grand Prix Showjumping at age 7.
● Lucky Light Junior won Team Bronze Medal at the World Breeding Championships Zangersheide 1995 and placed internationally at Grand Prix Showjumping at age 7.
● Lucky Power placed 5th at the Young Horse Championship 1996
● Lucky Toya Gold Medal best 2-year old Danish Warmblood mare
● Heslegaards Star Light, Silver Medal at the Danish Jumping Championship 1997
● Mosegaardens Delight DVH 642 Winner of the 100 Day Test 1997.
● Libero DVH 654,
● Lucky Me Gravvænge DVH 679 sold to Olympian Otto Hofer SWISS as future dressage star.
● Lucky Time DVH 678.
● Lucky Power
● Lucky Star ridden by Albert Vorn NL
Owner’s of Lucky Light offspring have described them as “everything you could want in a horse”.
Progeny by Gamma
● GAMMA LUCKY ONE (colt born 2009) sold at 3 yo
● GAMMA LUCKY TOO (colt born 2009) sold at 3 yo
● GAMMA SUNDAY D’LIGHT (filly born 2013) in foal by Zackxobeat 2017
LAGANO (DVE 297)
LADYKILLER XX (DE306064000861)
LAS VEGAS (DE321210615974)
MAJBRIT (EGH 11879)
MONICA (ERLH 4771)
FANNY (DLS 1365)